Re: [oletrucks] Pistons won't go in SB

To: Justin Earl <porkchopzz4@earthlink.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pistons won't go in SB
From: Joe Garcia <joegarcia1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 07:12:19 -0800
Justin,

Did you check the end gaps of all the rings in the cylinder before you
placed them on the pistons and tried to install them as an assembly in the
bore?

On the last engine I built for my brother when we filed the rings for proper
end gaps, my brother forgot to take the sharp edge off the ends of the
rings.... that led to binding when the rings were being compressed for
assembly.  We had to take them apart and smooth out the ends and then they
went together fine.

Joe