Re: [oletrucks] TH350 cooler

To: Mask1966@aol.com, 60schevy@topica.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TH350 cooler
From: Bob Fischer <r.fischerjr@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:34:30 -0700
I used short pieces of rubber tubing for joints but used common copper tubing
from the plumbing shop to and from a front mounted cooler.
I have two friends with no cooler, just 25 -30 feet of copper tubing run along
the frame to the rear, a small coil, and back to the tranny. One of those is
a 37 Chevy 2 door which makes the trip from San Diego to Parker AZ up
to 3-4 times a month winter and summer, and he also went to St. Paul, MN
with us one summer without any tranny problems.

>I know the lines between the trans and the cooler or radiator are normally
>steel, but has anyone used hoses instead?  I think they would be much easier
>to route and keep out of harms way than steel.  What kind of pressure are we
>talking about in the trans cooler circuit anyway?  Give me your opinions
>here.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

  http://Bobsplayce.home.att.net   e-mail -->r.fischerjr@att.net