Re: [oletrucks] T-stat, cooling system general info...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] T-stat, cooling system general info...
From: zman <zman@gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:18:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003, wayne osborne wrote:
> If the temp drops down to a respectable level when driving, appears there's
> nothing actually wrong with your system. Since it goes up while setting
> still it would appear that there is not enough air flow through the
> radiator.
> I know many folks who have ditched the mechanical and gone full electric.
> Not a bad idea and i've been toying with it myself.

I would suggest first off to replace the stock fan with a good quality
flex fan. Usually this will cure a "running warm" situation if all else is
OK. I'm not a big fan of going all electric. Haven't had to yet.
Especially if your vehicle has the stock electrical system. If you've
already rewired the vehicle and have a high output alternator by all means
wire it up, and use relays for all the fans...

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman@kungfumonkey.com