Re: [oletrucks] T-stat, cooling system general info...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] T-stat, cooling system general info...
From: Pee-Wee <pweee@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:14:58 -0700
In my 59 GMC 6-cyl one of my fanblades broke off while driving, (thank
God I wasn't under the hood working on it!!) so I grabbed my saw and cut
the blade off of the opposite side, so then I had a propeller. It ran a
lil hotter than normal, but when I took my T-stat completly out, it ran
cooler than when I had four blades! So after I found a good fan blade
and installed it, I never installed a new T-stat. I ran that truck for
14 years without a T-stat. In my 58 GMC V-8 I never even installed a
T-stat in it and it stays nice and cool. I put 60% distilled water and
40 % antifreeze in the radiator. You guys and gals that live where it
snows need a T-stat in your rig, but out here in So Cal we really don't
have to have one because it really doesn't get cold enough. So maybe you
can run without a T-stat or get a new one to make sure it opens up
fully. Hope this helps.
Pee-Wee.

--
1958 GMC 336 V-8 Factory Napco Suburban Carryall
1959 GMC 270 inline 6-cyl Suburban Carryall