Re: [Oletrucks] My 1951 project

To: Gale Gorman <gale_gorman@mac.com>, Bob Keeland <keelandb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Oletrucks] My 1951 project
From: Jim krontz <jim_krontz@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:09:18 -0800 (PST)
Sounds like someone is getting pretty deep fast....

I am just now starting on
the sheetmetal of my 57 3100.

I too took the POR15 route, and used metal prep
from Eastwood before I put the POR15 on the frame.  Then I painted the frame
afterwards.  It looks GREAT!  Here is a short list of other things I did:
-
Replaced front axle with 3' drop axle
- Conversted to disc brakes in front
-
Had springs re-packed and added a leaf to hold the 383 stroker engine
-
Replace the 235 with the 383 (weiland 9' high rise, two 500cfm carbs) it
should be around 450 horse, 400 fpt
- Converted it to power steering
-
Converted it to power brakes
- Installed new leaf springs in the back which
dropped the back 4'
- Changed out rear end with posi-track 373 gears
-
Installed in gas tank in rear, and ran full lines with pro-comp pump/regulator
- All new hardware everyone (literially EVERY bolt I touched was changed out
with grade 8)
- New shocks and shock towers

Not a bad list of work for the
past 6 months.  I had 10 days off for the holidays and worked on it daily (10+
hours) to get this far along.

It helps that one of my good friends owns a
hot rod shop.  Although he doesn't do the work, he is always helpful in
pointing out what needs done next (lol).

Jim