Re: OT: Pergo flooring

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OT: Pergo flooring
From: "Steve Dillen/CanWest/IBM" <sdillen@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 14:28:24 -0700
I installed a vapor barrier (clear plastic) and 1/8" foam underlay on my
concrete slab before laying the floor.  Finding and fixing the
imperfections in my floor did take quite a while. . .whoever poured my slab
had a pretty liberal interpretation of 'flat'.  My floor was just tongue &
groove -- i.e. not interlocking, and it floats.  Just make sure you have
enough of a gap around the edge for expansion.  I seem to remember someone
telling me that the floor should sit (unwrapped) for several days in your
room prior to installation for it to 'adapt' to the atmosphere. . .

Steve Dillen
E-Mail:  SDILLEN@ca.ibm.com

///