RE: Running new gas lines & gas fireplaces

To: <mark@sccaprepared.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Running new gas lines & gas fireplaces
From: <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:43:19 -0500
Mark Andy [mailto:mark@sccaprepared.com] wrote:

> It seems like I'm going to need to cut the existing pipe
> in half, thread both ends, then put a T fitting on one side
> and a Union fitting on the other side.  Then run the black
> pipe off the new port the T provides.

May not be able in this case, but I've always been able to
disassemble the pipes (starting from the furnace or hot water
heater) back far enough that I've been able to replace a 90 degree
elbow with a T-fitting.  Then I replace the piping back to the
furnace and/or hot water heater, and add pipe from the T to the
dryer/whatever.  The only Union that I've ever encountered was
the one already on the furnace piping...

But like I said, it may not be possible in your situation...

Tim Mullen