Latest stupid flasher trick

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Latest stupid flasher trick
From: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 19:55:18 -0400
Well over the weekend I thought I had figured out my turn signal flasher
problems once and for all. I cleaned as many of the connections as I could
find, and by loosening the hazard light switch knob a turn I had everything
working nicely - or so I thought. Today, as I was driving around on my
lunch hour, I noticed that the indicator light was not working. No
indicator on left, right or hazard! When I got home tonight, I discovered
that the flashers are actually working - except they are all flashing
double-time! Left, right, and hazard are all actually working, just that
they are flashing twice as fast as normal. Also, when indicating left the
heater fan seems to slow down/speed up in time to the flashes, and there is
a bit of crackle through the stereo in time as well. I tried replacing the
indicator light bulb, no change. Perhaps it is time to try an exorcist?
Begone Lucas Demons of Darkness (or at least alternating darkness and
light)!!!

HELP!

-Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the (sort of) flashing Spit.

BTW - How does one remove the section of instrument panel in front of the
driver? And the hazard switch? Haynes provides no guidance at all, as usual.