re:Latest stupid flasher trick

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: re:Latest stupid flasher trick
From: Tom Carney <tcarney@concentric.net>
Date: 5/4/1998 20:57
--==pw_boundary==

> Well over the weekend I thought I had figured out my turn
signal flasher
> problems once and for all. I cleaned as many of the
connections as I could
> find, and by loosening the hazard light switch knob a
turn I had everything
> working nicely - or so I thought. Today, as I was driving
around on my
> lunch hour, I noticed that the indicator light was not
working. No
> indicator on left, right or hazard! When I got home
tonight, I discovered
> that the flashers are actually working - except they are
all flashing
> double-time! Left, right, and hazard are all actually
working, just that
> they are flashing twice as fast as normal.

I had this problem once..  May not be yours but here goes.
I had really fast flashing lights and noticed that my
flasher was getting extremely hot and eventually frying.
If you have fiddled with the ground and hot lead to the
lights make sure you but them back the right way.  I
realized that I had them backwards and the problem was
fixed when I switched them back.

 Also, when indicating left the
> heater fan seems to slow down/speed up in time to the
flashes, and there is
> a bit of crackle through the stereo in time as well. I
tried replacing the
> indicator light bulb, no change. Perhaps it is time to
try an exorcist?
> Begone Lucas Demons of Darkness (or at least alternating
darkness and
> light)!!!
>
> HELP!
>
> -Kevin Rhodes
> Freddy the (sort of) flashing Spit.
>
> BTW - How does one remove the section of instrument panel
in front of the
> driver? And the hazard switch? Haynes provides no
guidance at all, as usual.

Tom

--==pw_boundary==--