Re: Latest stupid flasher trick

To: "Kevin B. Rhodes" <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Latest stupid flasher trick
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Tue, 05 May 1998 13:25:10 -0400
At 08:00 AM 5/5/98 -0400, Kevin B. Rhodes wrote:
>There's supposed to be a bulb IN the hazard light switch?? This I do not
>have. Or do you mean in the lamp on the left side of the panel? The plot
>thickens.

Thicken away.

On my '79 Spit (can't speak for other years, mind you) the red plastic pull
knob that actuates the flashers, blinks.   The rectangular light below
(with "hazard" inscribed) only lights up with the dashlights, I guess to
make the instrument lights seem dim. :)

Don't older Spits have a square, unlit hazard knob?

The lamp on the left side of the panel is the green turn signal telltale.
It is not too annoying because the steering wheel blocks it.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA
"Now that cars are better, why do they keep lowering the local speed limits?"