Re: I'm Crying "UNCLE' - ZS carb too rich

To: Dave Simpson <dsimpson@ds2.ncweb.com>
Subject: Re: I'm Crying "UNCLE' - ZS carb too rich
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:25:39 -0400
At 09:13 PM 5/17/98 -0400, Dave Simpson wrote:
>To: Atwell Haines
>
>Last year I tried to reinstall all the emission equip along with a a
>non-orginal ZS carburetor.  I rebuilt it and replaced the needle.
>because the original needle was bent.  The replacement needle did not
>mount exactly the same as the original.  I could not ever get the
>shoulder even with the bottom face of the piston and the car always ran
>rich.  FWIW

Thanks Dave.

I have verified that the needle shoulder can be adjusted lower than the
piston.
The piston falls freely all the way, every time. AFAIK the needle is
original. No apparent wear marks.

Someone suggested to me that maybe I tore the diaphragm when I removed it.
 Are they that easy to mutilate?  (The piston DOES go up OK during run)

Atwell Haines