Re:Pedal Position

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Pedal Position
From: scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 16:22:09 +0000
Hey, folks,

Has anyone (particularly you racers) come up with a good way of altering th=
pedal position to facilitate heel-and-toe shifting.  From my other cars, I'=
accustomed to using the left side of my right foot on the brake and the rig=
ht
side of same foot to blip the throttle.  On my GT6, it seems that the gas p=
edal
is too high to use the same techique without over-reving the engine.  I hav=
e to
use the ankle bone on the gas pedal (painful and difficult to control!).

Is it just a matter of bending the pedal assembly to bring the pedal closer=
the floor (while still having enough movement to fully open the throttles)?=
don't think my brake pedal is abnormally low.  Or is there a way to attach=20=
an
extension to the back of the left side of the gas pedal?

Thoughts?

Scott Barr
scott.barr@mccarty-law.com
72 GT6