RE: two tone respray...

To: "Spitfires List (E-mail)" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: two tone respray...
From: Larry Griffin <griffin_@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 23:43:48 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From:   Dr T. Dafforn [SMTP:td214@cus.cam.ac.uk]
I'm just getting to the stage of thinking about the respray on my
project..
(A 1975 1500..)
And was wondering about a 2 tone spray job..
ie off white flanks (rear wing, door and side of bonnet to where the =
seam
flange is on mk I, II, III spits)
and BRG on the rest of the car...
Anyone out there tried this?
What do you all think...
_________________

Tim,

I saw a early spitfire with a reversed variation of this in the early =
70's. The sides of the car were a light green, with the center white.  =
In addition, the cut off for the color change  was not the chrome trim =
on the top of the fenders, but further towards the center of the car =
along the "natural" fender line. The raised strip in the center of the =
bonnet was also green. I can't remember if there was a corresponding =
stripe on the rear of the car. It was very attractive.=20

The above was probably on a SCCA car at Virginia International Raceway =
(VIR, a wonderful road course of former years) if my memory is correct.=20

Larry Griffin
griffin_@bellsouth.net
68 Spit Mk3 project