Uh Oh... Mk. II Lighting Switch?

To: <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Uh Oh... Mk. II Lighting Switch?
From: "Andrew J. Braverman" <ajb23@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 00:38:59 -0400
I apologize if I am a pest... this is something that I was looking at
today... my wiring diagram in the Haynes manual was somewhat
uninformative... it says I have a steering column light switch and a light
switch... it seems like the one they say is "light switch" is the floor
dimmer switch, while the "steering column light switch" is the little toggle
switch next to my steering wheel that turns the lights on and off...

unfortunately - the wire colors on the back of the "column switch" dont
match those on the diagram (there are a few that look right - the blue/white
ones, especiually, but there is are also the brown/blue ones that just dont
match any on the diagram)... there is accually a disconnected brown and a
disconnectued blue/something one...

the DPO (acctually, two DPO's ago) wrapped the thing in electrical tape and
bad solder... the lights are flakey at best... it doesnt seem that nayone
has a new switch for sale (not the catalogs) but if anyone knows what kind
of a switch it is maybe I can get one at the Rat Shack... of course, any
insight into what those wires might be (or a better interpretation of the
manual's diagram) would be greatly appreciated..

also - I am probably going to be performing Mr. Mastor's alternator
covnersion sometime soon - so anyone in need of a control box/generator (+
ground), I should have one for the taking witin two weeks

also off topic, anyone have any leads on a hard top that would fit a Mk. II?

Thanks a whole lot to everyone here for just putting up with my novisness

later

-Andrew