Re:Road America - BRIC

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re:Road America - BRIC
From: "Ross L. Kodner" <rkodner@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:21:01 -0500
At 09:07 AM 7/22/98 +0000, scott.barr@mccarty-law.com wrote:
>Ross,
>
>I've done the touring thing at RA in my GT6, also with wheezy horses.  In
>particular, I remember last year's Alfa Romeo club event (my wife's the
one with
>the Alfa).  There was a large contingent of Ferraris and Vipers out that
>weekend.  And there I was, out there in my GT6 driving absolutely as fast
as I
>could go just to keep from looking like a splattered bug in someone's
Ferrari or
>Viper grill.  BIG grins!!  I could hold my own in the corners against all but
>the real exotics (you know, anything with more than 100 hp), but ultimately,
>Road America is all about horsepower - without some real grunt, that climb up
>onto the front straight takes forever...

Exactly--that's if you don't slide off into the rough coming out of turn 14
onto the straight.  Even the short hill after turn 5 is a challenge--after
the tour on Sunday, they had the Can Am event. We were watching from the
Merrill Lynch tent at the bottom of 5. The acceleration up the hill was
mind-boggling--with a wild cacophany of intoxicating V-8 rumbling turning
into screaming--once on the throttle they were up the hill in the blink of
an eye. While I'm sure it would be heart-attack inducing, I would gladly
give a valuable body part in exchange for a 5 minute ride in one of those
beasts <g>.

In September though, I am resolved to take my Spit out on the track at the
Fall Vintage Festival at RA.

Ross
Don't forget "Technology for the Rest of Us '98" at ABA Annual in Toronto
          on July 31st, 9:30-11:30AM!!
Corel's Legal Technology Summit '98 - July 31, 1998 6:30-10PM in Toronto!
              Guest Co-Moderators: Ross Kodner and Bruce Dorner!
MicroLaw, Inc. - Milwaukee, WI  Co-Founder, CLEgal, LLC
Web1: http://www.microlaw.com
Web2: http://www.microsoft.com/industry/legal/m_legal/m_restofus.stm
Alternate e-mail: rkodner@microlaw.com
"Friends don't let friends word process without reveal codes" -RLK '97