Re: Nervous tension

To: "Andrew Lindeman" <drfaustus@london.crosswinds.net>,
Subject: Re: Nervous tension
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 23:38:52 -0000
Theres a trick to it, that does not envolve fingures bits of wire or
anything like that.  Tension the timing chain, take the cover in your right
hand and hold it vertical, lift the tensioner with left hand.  Still holding
it vertical put it over the crank, keeping it to the left as much as pos,
let the tensioner drop onto the chain, and you should be able to manover the
cover into position whilst still keepin the tensioner inplace by the chain.

It took me all of 30 seconds the last time I did it.
NO wire, no screwdriver forced round the oil seal.