Re: Carburetter overun sticking.

To: James Carpenter <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Subject: Re: Carburetter overun sticking.
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 1998 18:12:45 -0500
James,
      I too have a set of HS-4's on a Spitfire 1500 and when I rebuilt
them I had the Bypass valves soldered shut,also replaced the Waxstat
jets with "regular" jets. (after soldering shut the valves,I cut off the
shaft and spring and filed it smooth. You can also get the unvalved
butterflies from Moss,or any other S.U. parts outlet.  By the way,I
never had the Idle stick high the first 2 years I had the S.U.s but was
experiencing it this past driving season. Let me know if you get it
sorted out so I'll know where to look come spring.
                                                Good Luck,
                                                Bob Harris