Looking for...

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Looking for...
From: Zach Zaletel <zzalet@po-box.mcgill.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 19:00:46 -0500
>Here's one for the list.  My horn isn't working.  Everything is hooked
>up right and the fuse is not blown.  I can make the horn  work by
>shorting out the horn brush (the plastic bic pen and spring) and the
>steering column but can't make it sound by depressing (or even cheering
>up) the horn push button.  Has anyone taken the horn push button apart?
>Could it be a bad contact on the inside of the horn push button.  I've
>cleaned all the other contacts but still can't get the horn to sound by
>pushing the button.  Any ideas.
>
>Jerry

On the same subject, has anyone made their own horn bush?  When I purchased
my car two years ago, whenever the car made a left turn, the bush would
short out somehow and honk as I went.  I always enjoyed that as I went
through busy intersections.  Needless to say, shortly thereafter, the bush
was removed and horns disconnected.  I figured the horn was weak enough
anyways that I didn't really need it and didn't want to pay the 25$ for a
new one....  Jerry's post got me to thinking, though... maybe I could just
make my own.  Anyone ever tried this?  Alternately, would anyone be willing
to take theirs apart and describe it to me?

Thanks much,
Zach Zaletel
70 Spit III