Re: Tires

To: <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Moorse,Jeffrey" <jeff.moorse@ABBOTT.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:14:26 -0600
I have been running the A509 tires on a Porsche 914 and really like the=
m. A
good compromise of traction for Autocrossing and tread life.  For ultim=
ate
traction, try Yokohama A038R tires or the equivalent Goodyear or Goodri=
ch
street-legal roadrace tires.  These have shaved tread and are very soft=
.
Cornering like you've never had before but a tread life of about 5,000 =
miles.

K&N filters should be available at your local speed shop or try their
Technical Customer Support at (909)684-9762.  They will make a custom f=
ilter
(within limits) if you have the dimensions you need.

Jeff Moorse
1974 Spitfire

owner-spitfires@autox.team.net on 11/11/98 02:35:36 AM
Please respond to digigraf@connexus.net.au @ INTERNET