Re: Tires

To: Paul Jacobson <digigraf@connexus.net.au>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 22:19:59 -0500
At 06:34 PM 11/11/98 +1100, Paul Jacobson wrote:
>Hi
>
>I've been lurking on the list for a week or so and decided I should post
something.

But then you can't be a lurker...   :)

>Obviously the tyres are not in peak condition after sitting for so long
(despite having about 70-80% tread) so I thought that the listees might
have some opinions on what rubber i should go for. The car is currently
fitted with 13 x 5.5 TR7 mags and 185/70 13 Michelins. I was thinking of
getting a set of yokohama A509 185/60 13's. I am  more interested in
performance than 100% originality as the engine has been modded to "Stage
Two" levels and sports a 45 weber (btw does anyone know the K&N part
numbers for a suitable filter unit?) and there rear end has been converted
to a Mk IV spring.

If you feel like spending more the Yoko AV-S intermediates are a great tire.

But theA509 aren't bad.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA