Re: Tires

To: Paul Jacobson <digigraf@connexus.net.au>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tires
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:07:12
Paul, as far as the Webers go I am not sure of exact filters for you. but
if you check with any european car parts store, or anybody that deals with
VW's they will most definately know the answer.

Patrick

At 06:34 PM 11/11/98 +1100, Paul Jacobson wrote:
>Hi
>
>I've been lurking on the list for a week or so and decided I should post
something.

>I'm currently in the process of getting a '67 (?) Mk II Spit back on the
road. The car had been off the road for about 9 years when I bought it,
allegedly with a clutch problem. It turned out to be more serious that
that. It soon became obvious that the thrust washers had worn and dropped
into the sump. So out with the engine, more bad news came when the machine
shop crack tested the crank, yes of course it was cracked... anyway i'll
have the motor back next week, and the car should be back in action for
summer.

>Obviously the tyres are not in peak condition after sitting for so long
(despite having about 70-80% tread) so I thought that the listees might
have some opinions on what rubber i should go for. The car is currently
fitted with 13 x 5.5 TR7 mags and 185/70 13 Michelins. I was thinking of
getting a set of yokohama A509 185/60 13's. I am  more interested in
performance than 100% originality as the engine has been modded to "Stage
Two" levels and sports a 45 weber (btw does anyone know the K&N part
numbers for a suitable filter unit?) and there rear end has been converted
to a Mk IV spring.

>tia
>
>Paul
>

>        Digital Graffiti