Spitfire exhaust questions

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire exhaust questions
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:23:18 -0500
Hi All,

I never got a reply on the following questions when I posted them to the
Spitfires-List a couple weeks ago.   That's what I get for burying them in
a reply!

++++++++++++++++++

>>Getting back to the serious subject of exhaust systems, I have been
thinking about upgrading my Spit's rusty pipes too.   In addition to the
[addition of a flexible] braided pipe, has anyone yet tried a larger pipe
diameter?   Any fitting problems if so?

How about using modern rubber type hangers instead of the vibration -
inducing, and breakage - prone, factory straps?<<

Here are a couple of web sites I have found that explain the design and
construction of exhaust systems:

http://www.magnaflow.com/

and

http://www.car-sound.com/