RE: Driveshaft U-Joint question?

To: "'Rick Gregory'" <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Driveshaft U-Joint question?
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:39:04 -0800
Rick,

Yes, that's a CV joint. The driveshaft shop I took my Spitfire's to (for
shortening, balancing, and new u-joint) said to leave the CV joint alone.
The said that if anything went wrong with that end, they'd replace it with a
different type of thing. All this place does is driveshafts, and they said
that once you mess with a CV joint, you can never really get it right again.

I can't help you with the seal part --- mine leaks from more places than I
think there are seals.

Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B (finally having parts put ON it!)