Re: Pubescent Admirations WAS: Rotary Spitfire

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>,
Subject: Re: Pubescent Admirations WAS: Rotary Spitfire
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 11:51:05 -0500
At 09:58 AM 11/27/98 -0500, Andrew Mace wrote:
>As a teenager, I read _Rod & Custom_ almost as faithfully as I read _Road
>& Track_ and _Motor Trend_. Back then (1960s -- gasp! He's OLD!), I was
>just as fascinated by the creations of George Barris, Gene Winfield, the
>Alexander Brothers ...

<SNIP>

Wow, Andy, as long as we are revealing those deep dark secrets, did you
like 'Big Daddy' Ed Roth (creator of the Rat Fink) as much as I did back then?

> Nor am I wrong to
>enjoy a bone-stock Mk.IV wheezing its way up a steep hill. :-)

At my age, I thought _I_ was the one that was wheezing.  You mean it was
the Spitfire all along?  <whew>

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Wheezing into the next milennium (both of us).