Re: Pubescent Admirations WAS: Rotary Spitfire

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Pubescent Admirations WAS: Rotary Spitfire
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 17:36:03 -0500
At 12:19 PM 11/27/98 -0800, Joe Curry wrote:
>Atwell,
>I just wish I still had all those plastic models (or the money I spent
>buying them) back in the late 50's and early '60.  They would probably
>be worth a mint today.

I know mine were't.  They were all "kustomized":  '59  & '60 Chevys and
Fords with fender skirts and lowered back ends, etc.  After I moved out of
the house, my Mom sold them for 25 cents each at a garage sale.  :(

Wasn't till the late 60's that I was bitten by the road rally bug and
became enamoured by British Cars.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire