Re: Spit Mods

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Mods
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 07:24:00 -0500
Joe Curry wrote:

> Ken,
> Too late, Kirk Yonker saw a picture of one a couple of months ago.  It
> was a transplant of a Spit body on a Jeep chassis and running gear.
>
> I bet it doesn't wheeze as it climbs hills!!!!
>
> Joe
>
> Ken Bertschy wrote:
> >
> > Can a 4 x 4 spitfire be next? How about it? Anybody boonie stomping with
> > their spitfires?  Lift kits? Air lockers? Mudders?
>
> --
> "If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort."
>   -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer

Way too late! I saw one at the Detroit Autorama in about 1980.
(Geez, was it that long ago?) Bright red round tail Spit on a
Bronco or Jeep chassis. The Detroit Triumph club had a display
at the show (don't ask me why) so we wandered over to the Spit
and put one of our calling cards on it. Never did hear from
the owner that he wanted to join!

Cheers,

--
Doug Mitchell