Re: rude and crude - more calculations

To: <DANMAS@aol.com>, <mikew@turbopower.com>, <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: rude and crude - more calculations
From: "Ron and Angie" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 22:19:14 -0500
>In a message dated 98-12-03 16:34:41 EST, mikew@turbopower.com writes:
>
>> The numbers are cool...but how about showing us the equation?
>
>Willdo!
>
>Divide the weight by the HP, take the cube root of this, and multiply by
>5.825.
>
>To get the speed in the traps at the end of the 1/4 mile:
>
>Divide the HP by the weight, take the cube root of this, and multiply by
234.

>These equations have been around for quite a few years, and show up from
time
>to time in the various hot rod related magazines. They have pretty well
been
>established as valid. The source I am using for them at this time is a 1993
>issue of Car Craft.

Thank you Dan!!!   I was about to put this "Mathematics minor" brain to work
and belt out some formulae with a little Calculus.

Why did I just here a big sigh of relief from the list???

Ron and Angie - Dalton, Ga
84 300ZX Turbo    77 Spitfire      92 Tempo GLS    62 Vitesse
IZCC# 4779
"I gotta go, you're killing me!" - Kim Peterson, WGST 105.7, Atlanta