Re: Cyber Rallye

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cyber Rallye
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 16:58:56 PST
Ditto Joe's commments for me.

On a similar performance note I got my Spitfire back from my Dad's carb
guy.  And all I have to say is...... WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

Now I am well aware that I have the slowest possible configuration for a
spitfire but man if feels like its flying now.  So my advice is if you
want to really enjoy your spitfire's miserable performance just really
muck up the tuning of it and drive it around coughing and sputtering for
like a month.  Then get the carb professionally tuned and rebuilt.  Man
I'm still thinking about it.  Tommorrow I'm going un-bolt my hardtop and
enjoy the car this weekend before it goes back under the knife monday
for its rear end swap.

smiling all the way....

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spit

>Ken,
>I guess that leaves me out.  My Speedo is a Jaeger and it is not
>accurate since the tires and differential are not matched to it!!!
>
>Joe
>
>Ken Bertschy wrote:
>>
>> Let's have the first on-line Cyber-Rallye. Everybody gets in their
>> spitfires and see what they can actually do!  Let's figure out some
>> categories and tests we can all easily run and see who has the best
>> cyber-spitfire!  All you should need is a working smiths speedo, a
>> stopwatch, and an open road.  Let's plan for a January rally so
Christmas