Re: Spitfire Tires

To: Doug_Waldron@mbnet.mb.ca, mlibhart@feist.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire Tires
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 23:18:33 EST
I'm running 205/60VR13 Yokohamas on the GT6 with the 5-in wheels.  The front
fender lips are rolled up inside against the fender well (I've lost track,
does this make me a type 3 owner or a type 4 owner?  ;-)  )  I've had no
problem with rubbing, grinding or other unpleasantness.  The width is not
ideal for the width of the rim, but then, the contact patch has worn pretty
evenly across the tire, even with the time spent on the race track.  I bought
the extra width because I wanted the extra height that comes with it in the 60
series tire.  The 205/60 is pretty close to the stock tire diameter.  Have you
checked out  www.powerdog.com/tiresize.cgi ?

Scott Barr
ScottBarr8@aol.com
72 GT6