Re: Spitfire Tires

To: gsmith@cvn.net, spitlist@gte.net, mlibhart@feist.com
Subject: Re: Spitfire Tires
From: Cwn74@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 12:59:17 EST
In a message dated 12/4/98 8:59:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, gsmith@cvn.net
writes:

> I'm running 185/70/13's on TR7 steel wheels with the Spitfire center cap,
>  and TR7 30th anniversary edition trim rings. They look a lot like the 1976?
>  wheels with oval holes. No clearance problems with stock suspension.

I just bought a set of Michelin 185/70x13's for my 74 Spitfire to replace the
20 year old Goodyear Wingfoot's that were 205/60x13.  The wheels are BWA
aluminum, 5.5".  Apparently in 20 years the specifications changed since the
new tires are significantly taller than the old.  I won't find out if I have
clearance problems till Spring!
Clark