Re: Thanks, dis-inherited scion back in the will

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thanks, dis-inherited scion back in the will
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:09:52 -0500
At 10:07 PM 12/10/98 -0800, you wrote:

>>I now have spark at the plugs!
>>Since my plea for assistance, the car now has new plugs, points,
>condenser, cap, rotor and proven good coil. I've set the timing using a
>timing light while turning it on the starter.

>>Next problem is to figure out why its still not starting. But its been 1-3
>degrees C and I only have a carport, so I have high hopes for when the
>weather warms up.

Nick,

   When I was trying to get my Spit running last winter it was about 28deg F.
I couldn't get the darn thing to fire.  Take some starting fluid and see if
she won't fire with that.  I had to sit there for about 30 min, giving it a
shot of either every time it started to die until I got some heat in the
engine.

  The other possibility is that your gas is bad.  How long has the gas
been in the tank?  You might want to try draining the tank and putting in
new gas.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V

www.team.net/www/morgan        bricklin.shel.olsy-na.com/bi