Re: Switch bezels

To: bschwart@pacbell.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Switch bezels
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:04:16 EST
In a message dated 98-12-21 10:45:09 EST, bschwart@pacbell.net writes:

> I'm redoing the dash and in the process I will be replacing the headlight
>  switch as well as several others.  These are the dash mounted rocker type,
>  headlight, window heater, etc as found on the Spitfire/GT6/TR6.  Does
>  anyone know if one orders these (from say any of the "big 3") if they come
>  with the bezel that is used to mount the switch or do they come as the
>  switch only.  The reason I ask is I need the bezels ( and more than just
>  one, actually about 6)  If its only the switch I can't use them.
>
>  If it's only the switch and I can't use it, does anybody know where I could
>  find some "factory" appearing rocker type switches (approx 1 inch x 1 1/4
>  both DPST DPDT) Something akin to the switches used in Jaguar XJ series?
>  I've checked Pep Boys and Kragen, and they only have cheesy looking ones -

Barry,

Contact:

Europa Cars,
Fauld Camp,
Tutbury,
Burton-upon-Trent,
Staffs De 13 9HR
England
Ph 0283 815609
FAX 0283 814976

That's the address given in their '91-'92 catalog I have. I only hope I've
come close to the proper format!  Hopefully, one of our English listers will
correct me if not.

They have a very nice line of rocker switches, very suitable in appearance for
what you want (I hate cheesy switches about as bad as anyone!). The have the
bezel, and they also have snap-in inserts with the appropriate symbols - WW
wipers, headlights, horn, etc., and can be backlit as well.

The rocker switches sold by the big three for TR6s do come with the bezels,
although some of them have chrome bezels. The chrome can be removed with car
polish if you don't want the chrome.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://www.sky.net/~boballen/mg/Masters/index.html