Painting my Spit

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Painting my Spit
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 05:59:45 EST
Listers,

Last summer I rear ended another car and destroyed the nose of my Russet Brown
1980 Spit.
After a few quick kick in the pants I decided to fix the car. The bonnet is
repaired with new metal and now I have to repaint. I plan to do the complete
exterior and keep the car brown, but I am not very fond of the Russet Brown
(Code 93) shade. What do all of you think about my switching to Sienna Brown
(Code 23) exterior only? I realize that a pure restoration would not allow
this but the car already has some departure from original in the exhaust and
emission systems. I have yet to see a Sienna Brown car but the paint chips I
have I think I like. This is probably an irreversible decision so I wanted
your input.

Thanks in advance
Pete

Russet Brown                                93  205      AAE             24378
Sienna Brown                  All 70-73     23           AAN             23406