re: heater controls

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, rroach@intouch.bc.ca
Subject: re: heater controls
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 07:24:58 -0600
I think that the metal sleeve resides in the middle of the guide that
connects to the cable.  And I think that it is ultimately held by a moon clip
at the bottom of the valve.  You should be able to get the thing back in
with no problem.  My guess is that you broke or twisted the clip off by
accident.

The valve is pretty easy to figure out, once you get it disassembled.  Let
me know if you need any help with it.  Unfortunately, I'll be leaving this
afternoon and won't be back until Monday.  Thus, I response may be
late to get to you.

Enjoy,

Kevin

>>> "Ron Roach" <rroach@intouch.bc.ca> 12/30/98 08:42pm >>>
I had mine jam up on my spit this past summer.  A few weeks ago, I
started
investigating the problem, and found that the valve itself jammed.  As I
was
gently forcing the cable, a metal cylinder(bushing?) fell out of the bottom
of the valve.  Can this thing be put back in, or is the valve toasted.  I t
doesn't seem to be leaking at all.

Thanks in advance,

ron roach   vancouver, b.c.

'78 spit