Re: Steering wheel sale/swap

To: trunnell@mindspring.com (Glenn Trunnell), spitfires@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Steering wheel sale/swap
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 08:18:17 -0500
Hi Glenn,

Just to clarify...

The factory wheel on your '79, if it is like mine, is vinyl coated (nice
and fat), not leather, isn't it?

I kind of like the factory steering wheel.   (In my youth, I used to wrap
steering wheels with a few layers of friction tape then install a leather
cover on them, to get that nice fat grippy property.)

In Hemmings there are vendors that 'rebuild' steering wheels.   Anyone had
this done with a vinyl coated wheel?  Is it worth it?

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire with a fairly nice steering wheel, still.