Re: brakes, brakes, brakes

To: "Tom Spinelli" <t_spinelli@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: brakes, brakes, brakes
From: "James Carpenter" <jc_carpenter@softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 00:56:11 -0000
I just sent a mail to the clutch thread, but I suppose I this would have
been the better thread for it.

It seem to me your not being violent enough when bleeding.  I have made an
Easy Bleed Explode when the valve stuck.  If your slow and careful the air
will stay in there anyway.

Having said that I agree with the diagnosis that the seals are not sealing
properly in the M/C.  My favourite is the one on the end of the springy bit
not seating properly or broken.  You would not get any leaks but the
pressure will leak past into the reservoir.     If you drain the reservoir
until almost empty so that the fluid is in the narrow bit you should be able
to see the level go up when you apply the brakes.

I suspect the other seal is OK or you would have wet feet.

I can't think it would be anything else.