Re: brakes, brakes, brakes

To: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brakes, brakes, brakes
From: Tom Spinelli <t_spinelli@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:34:34 -0800 (PST)
I had a similar problem on another vehicle.  I replaced my entire
braking system but still could not get my front brakes to work. I had
bled at least 3 quarts of fluid but still got nothing except clear
fluid.  Only after I removed the calipers and positioned them so the
bleed screw was at the highest point did I get the air out.  I talked
to many mechanics (backyard and professional) about this and they
never heard of anything like this.  I don't know why the air would not
be bled out but it worked.  It is worth a shot to try it. CAUTION --
Put something in the caliper to prevent popping out the piston. Good
Luck.