Re: Hardtop mounting for a 1500

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>,
Subject: Re: Hardtop mounting for a 1500
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:25:12
Paul,  The mounting points for the hard top are as follows.  1. The ones by
the 1/4 window that you have allready found.  2.  on the top of the
windshield frame, these are probably covered by rubber stops, pull these
off and you will see them.  3.  the last two are on the rear deck, probably
partially covered by your convertable top,  pull the edges back a little
and you should see them.

As for the mounting posts.  the differences in the mounting posts is
basically the length.  the longer ones allow the soft top to stay attached
while the hard top is on.

Hope I helped,
Patrick

At 07:49 AM 1/26/99 -0600, Mostrom, Paul wrote:
>Now that I have acquired a hard top for my '77 1500 I need some help/info.  I
>know I still need to get the mounting hardware and that seems to be available
>through Vicki Brit or Spitbits (probably some others).  The Hanyes manual
>shows 6 mounting points for a hardtop, but looking at the catalogs, I can
>only see 2.  Looking at the top I see the mounting points back by each 1/4
>window, nothing along the windshield or across the back under the back window
>(like it shows in the Haynes manual).
>
>1>  Can some one out there fill me in on how this thing attaches?
>2> Vicki Brit lists two types of mounting posts, one with and one without a
>soft top installed.  Just what does     that mean?  Can the soft top be left
>on when the hard top is installed?
>
>Thanks,
>Paul Mostrom
>'77 Spitfire 1500
>
>'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL