Re: Hardtop mounting for a 1500

To: Mostrom.Paul@principal.com
Subject: Re: Hardtop mounting for a 1500
From: "Andrew E. Henderson" <aeh53@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:43:40 -0600
Paul
I have a hardtop for my 71.  I'm assuming that yours is (a) a factory
model, & (b) that it mounts like mine does.  There are 2 bolts that go up
through the windshield frame & into the captive nut in the hardtop
itself.  The rear bolts are located where your soft top attaches to the
car underneath the rear window.  I have always undone the sidebolts for
the softtop first (there are 2 per side) & folded the top over the rear
to expose the bolts.  When they indicate whether to leave the softtop
attached, my guess is that one would still have to unfasten the rear deck
bolts so that the hardtop would sit flush on it (the deck).  This would
still leave the sidebolts attached, which would eliminate the need to
balance the frame on top of your head while reattaching it.
Hope this is helpful!

Cheers!
Andy H.