Re: petrol

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: petrol
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 22:13:13 -0800
We just covered octane in Chem 104. The oil companies usually add methyl
tertiary-butyl ether, better known as MTBE to the gas to increase octane number.
Thre are a few others they can add, but MTBE is the most common.

Chris Pappathopoulos
When you pay $80 for a book it better have some useful info in it.