Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge

To: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Subject: Re: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:24:55 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Laura G. wrote:

> I had been told that the RAF badge had something to do with it being an
> anniversary spit. And there was a thread on it last year-would whoever
> explained it last year please come forward?

  Perhaps they were intended to celebrate almost thirty years since the
Germans failed with operation sealion to invade The U.K. Obviously the
Spitfire saw plenty of use in The battle of Britain. It might also have
been a 30 year reminder for America to get it's arse into gear next
time!:-)

         Johnny '70 Viterald