RE: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge

To: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>,
Subject: RE: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 12:56:39 -0800
Actually Johnny,  I think our THUMBS were up our collective "ARSES" at the
time, so it was somewhat difficult to "get in gear"... but the Japs took
care of that now didn't they!

No one has yet to explain to me why the British had to paint "targets" on
the wings and fuselages of their planes... were the German pilots really
that bad at aerial gunnery? :-)

Reid
 '79 Spitfire (with no "kills" to my credit!)
Beaverton, OR