RE: RE: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge

To: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: RE: RAF Spitfire Bonnet Badge
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:23:13 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 17 Mar 1999, Arthur H. Smith wrote:

> No its just that each airforce had a distinguishing mark on the plane to
> stop friendly fire from getting them. the red white and blue I 'think'  8^)
>  are the Brit colors.......

  Way back when any guy in the trenches witha big rifle and a load of
enthusiasm (than plane recognition)  could have a crack at shooting most
of the aircraft!!
not quite as fast as they are now!
 Depending on order the red, white and blue can be quite a few
airforces!

Johnny '70 Viterald   P.S NEVER refer to the RAF roundel as a 'Mod
target' or there will be trouble!