RE: SUMMARY: '77 Spit restarting (and other) problems

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SUMMARY: '77 Spit restarting (and other) problems
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 15:11:21 -0400
I was able to eliminate my vapor lock condition (which was severe enough to
hit after 1 1/2 hours of summer driving) by splitting a large fuel hose
lengthwise and wrapping it around the metal fuel line to the single carb
(1980) with the split facing upward. I held it in place with about half a
dozen tiny zip-ties, and it serves as an excellent insulator.

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)