Re: Painting and lubricating a rear spring

To: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Painting and lubricating a rear spring
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 05:59:27 -0500
Tim,

Sometimes I find it amazing how people come up with the identical issues
very near the time I do. Goes to show, "there is nothing new" with these
cars. I have just pulled the rear spring from a parts car, which I
intend on rebuilding and fitting into my "driver".

I disassembled mine, cleaned it up and am ready to reassemble it. I am
foregoing paint, will probably replace the rubber pads with
self-manufactured ones, wire brushing then heavily greasing the ends
near the wheels to clean up the surface rust and replacing the bushings.

I'm an interested in know what responses you get for 2 and 3 of your
message (lubricant and pad material) My contribution would be, I
suppose, that I decided not to paint mine because the greased metal of
the spring looks a very dark charcoal black, the color I would paint it
if it needed it.

Looking forward to your responses,

Vic