Painting and lubricating a rear spring

To: "spitfires@Autox.Team.Net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting and lubricating a rear spring
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 1999 11:02:06 +0100
Picked up my new rear spring for my soon-to-be reassembled 1500 at the
weekend...
It came covered in some kind of wax/grease which looks like a storage
protection...
My questions are:
                            1) Is it a good idea to disassemble the
spring and paint all the leaves...
                                    if yes what colour where they
originally?
                            2) What sort of lubricant do use between the
leaves, just LM grease?
                            3) should I replace the rubber pad under the
spring, and is it worth using a polyurethane             alterantive?
cheers for any help

Tim

--
Tim Dafforn