%$#&*@( Hydraulic Clutches

To: "'Spit list'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: %$#&*@( Hydraulic Clutches
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 08:18:00 -0500
I am about to go frickin nuts over this clutch master cylinder.
I have bought two rebuild kits, polished the inside of the cylinder so well
that I can use it as a flashlight, and the damn thing still won't release
the clutch !
I need some help!!!!

I get a some pedal, enough where it's hard to push with your hand while
sitting on the ground to bleed the slave. It just isn't enough to push the
pressure plate in enough to release the plate.

I have ALL new parts in the clutch. So I know it's not the problem.

I can get it to release but I have to apply air pressure to the top of the
master to get the fluid in the system. It will operate for a bit but over
night it looses that little extra pressure. I have no leaks, I even moved
the slave in a little with the help of a bench engineered pinch bolt ( I
ground off one side of the bolt ).

I have bled this damn thing over and over and I can't seem to win.

I have sent this thread before and got some real good ideas but I need
something else, a VOODOO curse, an Herb to rub on it or a faith healer !

Craig Smith

Craig Smith
Phone 800/692-2323
Fax 864/234-1020