Re: FW: PRICE OF GAS

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: PRICE OF GAS
From: JDean <jdean@designdimension.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 12:07:12 -0400
The high price of Gas?
 Here in North Carolina gas prices are lower than they were 10 years ago

(.89). And that is not adjusted for inflation. Now don't get me wrong, I

love cars, but they do extract a cost from society in terms of road
maintainance and pollution. So call me a liberal pinko, but I think high

gas prices are good, because they discourage wastefull use of
automobiles.
   I have no problem with the principle that most of the price of a
gallon of gas these days is going to the government. They built the
infrastructure that these things drive on. I don't have complete faith
that they are using the money wisely, but I am OK with the principle of
it all. So boycott if you want, but I think you should NOT DRIVE at all
on April 30th and you won't have to buy any gas.

Just my humble opinion.

Jim Dean