Re: FW: PRICE OF GAS

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: FW: PRICE OF GAS
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 02:17:33 -0400 (EDT)
thank god, I was beginning to think I was the only one that noticed this.
how come every time I tun on the morning radio and hear of a newly
announced (as in just happened today, not a few weeks ago) opec price
hike, the prices at the pumps jump that same day or the next?  does the
crude get pumped directly to an underground refinery beneath my gas
station in 4 hours?  and why, when I hear of an opec price drop, it takes
more than a month (or longer, if ever) to see the prices fall?

and, though I'm not sure if it was on this list or not, someone said wrt
other countries paying ~$5.00 US/gal for gas: 'so what, just because they
tax themselves into oblivion doesn't mean we have to',  let me add: AMEN.
yes they pay more there.  yes america is possibly the lowest taxed and
greatest country to live in.  but by no means does that mean that it
couldn't and shouldn't be much, MUCH better.  it's because we keep telling
ourselves how great we have it that we're willing to overlook incremental
tax hikes.  soon, we'll be up there with european countries.  then what?

oops, I should stop now.  my soapbox isn't rated for rants of more than 3
minutes.  and here comes than damn nurse with my meds again.  back, BACK,
I say!  no!  no sponge bath!

scott