Re: FW: PRICE OF GAS

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, "JDean" <jdean@designdimension.com>
Subject: Re: FW: PRICE OF GAS
From: "Laura G." <savercool@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 10:43:59 -0700
Joe,

As usual you are absolutely correct on every count. As for California-we
don't get a lot of that gas that was at that refinery-we get most of our gas
from Alaska too.

And in respnse to the gentleman about polluting etc.-I go through L.A. on a
regular basis. From what I observe, the gross poluters are not people like
me-it's big industries! Believe me, I've sat on the 405 enough times behind
those 18 wheelers (and smaller) to have a good idea of what comes out of
them. I've seen all the garbage coming out of the factories and I'm also
politically aware enough to understand that these big industries earn points
that make them exempt from upgrading their equipement and therefore keep on
poluting the way they do.( WHat do you think the junker controversy was
about? I still won't by Union 76 gas-I'll push my car first!) Meanwhile they
try to blame air pollution (which actually has gone down in the L.A. basin
drastically in the last 20-30 years.) on backyard barbeques!!! And then they
put the squeeze on all the people who can't afford to drive a poluting big
wheeler for a big corporation to work everyday-they put the squeeze on all
the little wage earners who can barely afford their car insurance, to make
the smog tests and repairs more difficult and therefore more costly!

Down off my box, for now.

Laura G.(-ee, don't hold back!) and Nigel